The Amery Area Public Library remains closed to the public.
Lobby, restrooms, computers and other spaces are not accessible.
Request items available at the Amery Area Public Library by specific titles, authors, or request a bundle by genre (i.e. mystery, science fiction, cooking, armchair travel, picture books, easy readers, sports,…), topic, format:
- phone – 715-268-9340 or
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- please include name, library card number and items requested
Place holds online. Until regular delivery among libraries resumes, items available in Amery’s local collection will be most readily available for curbside pickup. For assistance here is a how-to-video for local holds requests. (see directions in right column)
An appointment must be scheduled by calling the library 715-268-9340 in order to pick up requested items. Staff will check your items out to you, place them in a bag(s) and have them available for your scheduled pick up time.
In order to pick up your items at your scheduled time at the entrance door:
Please stay in your vehicle
- staff will ask for your name and place bag(s) with your items on the table
- when staff re-enters the building, you may pickup your bag(s) of items
- Let staff know if you also have items to return – place them in the bin on the table
- It is recommended by the CDC that you quarantine your items in the bag for 72 hours
Returns will be allowed only on the following days,
Monday-Thursday – 9-5 in bins by front door only
Weather permitting – not available during heavy rain, strong storms
Please adhere to social distancing measures and wait until no one else is present before placing items in the bins provided by the front door.
Book drop will remain closed at this time
Due to Quarantine Guidelines per Wisconsin Department of Public Instructions, items will NOT be checked in for at least 72 hours after being returned to the library. The items will still show up on your account until checked in by staff.
Patrons are responsible for all returns not done during specific return times or not in specific return bins (outside of the book drop, outside of the building, or any other location or any other time).
How To Request Items
for Pickup at Amery
click to play…
Here’s the best way to find and request things to pick up from Amery:
- Go to the MORE Catalog and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select Amery as the pickup library
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Amery
Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Select “Place a Hold” and verify your pickup library is Amery
Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits